B2B eCommerce (business-to-business electronic commerce) is when a business sells directly to another business through an online platform. An example of this could be a business selling office supplies, software or services to another business. Some B2B companies include Salesforce, Google, and Microsoft. Alternatively, B2C is when a business sells directly to a consumer.
Common Types Of B2B eCommerce Companies
Some common B2B eCommerce companies include manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers and Saas companies. Manufacturers play a big role in the B2B e-commerce space. Since it’s so expensive to own a manufacturing plant, it’s common for companies to outsource to third parties in countries such as China. Wholesaling is when a business buys in bulk from another business then sells the items at a discounted price to customers.
Distributors are companies that promote the products and services of other businesses and SaSS (Software-as-a-Service) companies such as Salesforce are businesses that provide software to other businesses.
Looking To Upgrade Your Current Stack?
The #1 platform for delivering high-quality software releases, instantly.
All-In-One Product Growth
• Visual, Code-free A/B testing on web and mobile
• Both Client Side and Server Side Options
• Flexible API and SDK-free deployments
• Connected messaging features
Fastest & Most Reliable Feature Management System
• Edge deployment for sub 50ms response times
• Enterprise grade performance SLA
• 99.9% uptime guarantee
Personalization Across All Your Users
• Personalize every experiment and experience
• No audience reach limits
• No domain or sub-domain limits
• No user seat limits
Real-Time Slack Support
• Best in class service
• Responsive support and customer success team
• Training and onboarding
• Taplytics Growth Framework assessment
Full Suite of Seamless Integrations
• Google Analytics
• Adobe Analytics and more
Protect Customer Privacy
• Balance personalization & experimentation with customer data privacy
• EU Privacy Shield
• HIPAA compliant