A/A testing is similar to A/B testing, however you’re testing the same page to ensure that that tool you’re using to run the experiment is statistically fair. The result of an A/A test should be that the 2 pages have no difference regarding conversions.
The Importance Of A/A Testing
While it may seem redundant to test the same page twice, this is important to track how many conversions take place on the page so you have a baseline before starting your A/B tests. This is a way to ensure the software you’re using to A/B test is accurate and to ensure there’s no statistically significant difference in your A/A test (>95%).
You should also note that it is possible to have a difference in conversion when running an A/A test. This doesn't mean you’re using a poor A/B testing platform, as there’s always room for random results when testing. In an A/A test, the variation between the control and varion group should be inconclusive since there should be no big differences with the 2 groups.
Running A/A Tests With Taplytics
You can expect inconclusive results when running an A/A test with Taplytics. This means that the results will not be statistically significant, which is the ideal outcome. Once you’ve completed your A/A test, you can move onto A/B and multivariate testing. You can learn more about A/B testing with Taplytics here.
Looking To Upgrade Your Current Stack?
The #1 platform for delivering high-quality software releases, instantly.
All-In-One Product Growth
• Visual, Code-free A/B testing on web and mobile
• Both Client Side and Server Side Options
• Flexible API and SDK-free deployments
• Connected messaging features
Fastest & Most Reliable Feature Management System
• Edge deployment for sub 50ms response times
• Enterprise grade performance SLA
• 99.9% uptime guarantee
Personalization Across All Your Users
• Personalize every experiment and experience
• No audience reach limits
• No domain or sub-domain limits
• No user seat limits
Real-Time Slack Support
• Best in class service
• Responsive support and customer success team
• Training and onboarding
• Taplytics Growth Framework assessment
Full Suite of Seamless Integrations
• Google Analytics
• Adobe Analytics and more
Protect Customer Privacy
• Balance personalization & experimentation with customer data privacy
• EU Privacy Shield
• HIPAA compliant